MILB.TV Video Switcher (Part-Time)
The Bowie Baysox are hiring for a game-day MILB.TV Video Switcher for a combination of August & September 2021 Home Games
This position is a part-time, game-day event position that carries the responsibility of switching video inputs from in-stadium cameras to show the viewer who is watching our game on their computer/tablet/phone the best view of the game we can offer them.
The person running this switcher will also be responsible for following along with each pitch of the game, updating the score bug for those watching the broadcast. This consists of updating the runs, hits, errors, baserunners, pitch count and inning updates.
This is a perfect part-time job for a responsible, computer and video savvy person who happens to be a big baseball fan.
- Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time;
- Check-in with video director for any details on that night's game.
- During the game, enter the results of the actions of the game into the score bug program
- Switch the input views based on what is happening in the game so that the viewers get as complete a look at the game action as possible.
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software;
- Knowledge of Video inputs, video switching programs and video outputs
- Previous experience (including Press Box exposure) with a professional or college sports team, preferably baseball;
- Regular availability to attend games in-person as required by the schedule: weekdays, nights and weekends;
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff;
- Professionalism. It is a fun job and we pay people to watch baseball, but it is also an important job and we want people who will take the responsibility seriously.
New MILB.TV Video Switcher(s) will undergo a short training program covering games in the ballpark prior to running a game on their own.
You must currently live and work near Bowie Baysox Stadium. This is a game-day position. For more information and to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Phil Wrye, Baysox Assistant General Manager with the subject: MILB.TV Video Switcher.
2021 Food & Beverage Game Day Employment Opportunities
Unique Food and Beverage (UFB) is hiring for multiple seasonal part-time positions including Food Runners, Food Preparation, Concession Stand Cashiers, Cooks & Dishwashers. For more information, please check out their website: uniquefoodandbeverage.com or call 301.464.4848.
The Chesapeake Catering Company, the official catering company of the Bowie Baysox, is hiring for Cooks, Servers and Bartenders. Applicants must be age 18 and up to apply. For more information or if you have questions, please e-mail Mark Torsani.
2021 Bowie Baysox Game Day Employment Opportunities
Our staffing for the 2021 season is complete.
If you are interested in being considered for future game-day event employment with the Bowie Baysox, please e-mail Darlene Mingioli with your name, contact information, daytime phone number and good time(s) to reach you during the day.
Interested candidates must be age 16+ and be able to work night and weekend events from April through September.
Game Day/Events Video Camera Operator (Part-Time)
*Position Summary: *
As a member of the Baysox Game Day/Events Camera Crew, you will be responsible for capturing live fan shots, game play, fan engagement elements, host stand ups, and more during Bowie Baysox home games.
*Essential Functions: *
Basic knowledge on how to operate a hand held/shoulder professional video camera.
Arrive one hour before game time to set up your camera and receive instructions about that day's game.
Understand the basics of exposure, focusing, and composition.
Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time especially during the summer months where temperatures outdoors can be very warm.
Must be eager for unique camera shots and have excellent communication with Director and production team.
Can carry up to 50 pounds,
Ability to take direction and work in a fast paced environment.
*Qualifications & Requirements: *
Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Must have strong knowledge of the game of baseball.
Must be comfortable to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Must be motivated with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
Keep a professional demeanor with the ability to interact with fans, staff members, players, coaches and front office executives.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and/or qualifications to Phil Wrye, Baysox Assistant GM. No phone calls please.
Position: Mascot Performer (Part-Time)
- Perform as “Louie” the Baysox Mascot at Community Appearances around the region including in Prince George’s County, Anne Arundel County, Southern Maryland, Montgomery, Howard and Baltimore areas.
- Community Appearances can include, fairs, schools, businesses, birthday parties, youth sports games, Kids Club events etc.
- Perform on occasion during Baysox home games for 3-4 hours (with breaks).
- Ability to perform in the Louie suit for at least one (1) hour at a time when needed and do multiple appearances in a day if needed.
- Ability to interact with children and adults in a fun, safe and enjoyable manner
- Maintain “Louie” costume in a proper manner, especially following a performance.
- Ability to uphold the standard of the Louie persona and portray the Baysox and Louie in a positive manner.
- Appearances at community events to promote Bowie Baysox Baseball, Louie’s Kids Club and other stadium events.
- Act as an ambassador for Baysox Baseball to help promote the organization.
- MUST live local to Bowie, MD and able to pick up Louie suit when needed for an upcoming appearance.
- Ability to do night and weekend appearances when needed.
- Motivated Individuals with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
- Outgoing & creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Previous Customer Service Experience.
- Willingness to perform as our mascot Louie at private and community events
- Athletic build and be between roughly 5’9" and 6’1" in height.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
To Apply for this position:
Please email your resume or qualifications to Phil Wrye, Baysox Assistant GM. No phone calls please.