Luis Rivera - Manager
- Is set to manage Brooklyn for the first time in 2022...Rivera was named a New York-Penn League All-Star as a member of the Cyclones during the 2006 season...Will become the first former Cyclones player to manage the club.
- Served as the bench coach at Syracuse in 2021...Was slated to be the bench coach with Binghamton in 2020...Served as the hitting coach with Columbia in 2019.
- Spent the 2018 season as bench coach at Binghamton (AA)...Was the manager of Kingsport (R) from 2015-2017...Has been with the Mets organization since 2010.
- Spent three seasons as the short-season hitting coordinator (2012-2014)...Also served as a hitting coach at Binghamton (AA) in 2014 when the Binghamton squad won the Eastern League Championship.
- Was the hitting coach for the Scottsdale Scorpions in the Arizona Fall League in 2013.
- Served as hitting coach for Kingsport in 2011.
- Split the 2010 season in Savannah (A) and Kingsport, serving as a player/coach in Savannah and infield coach for Kingsport.
- Was a middle infielder playing in the minor leagues for the Mets and Chicago Cubs from 2005-2010, making it as high as Buffalo (AAA) of the International League in 2009.
- Luis, 38, resides in Miami with his wife, Jessica, and their children, Mateo Rivera and Alanis.
Richie Benes - Hitting Coach
- Begins his fourth season in the organization and his first in Brooklyn...He served as a coach with the Cyclones throughout the playoffs during their Championship season in 2019.
- Joined the organization in April of 2019 as a hitting coach at the Dominican Academy...Served as a hitting coach at the Complex League in 2021.
- Was the hitting and infield coach at Saint Peter’s University in Jersey City, NJ...Also coached at the University of Bridgeport in Bridgeport, CT and Monroe College in New Rochelle, NY.
- Served as the hitting coach for the Danbury Westerners, a member of the New England Collegiate Baseball League.
- Originally selected by the Kansas City Royals in the 23rd round of the 1996 First Year Player Draft from Christopher Columbus High in The Bronx, NY.
- Played two years in the minors in the Royals system...Also played in Independent leagues including the Northeast League, Texas-Louisiana League, American Association and the Canadian-American League.
- Richie, 44, resides in The Bronx.
AJ Sager - Pitching Coach
- Sager begins his first season with the Mets organization after serving as the minor league pitching coordinator with the Detroit Tigers for the previous eight seasons.
- The 57-year-old spent 20 seasons with the Detroit Tigers organization, including six seasons as the pitching coach with Toledo (AAA).
- Pitched professionally for 12 seasons from 1988-1999, logging time in the San Diego, Colorado, Detroit and Cincinnati organizations.
- In 123-lifetime major league appearances with the Padres (1994), Rockies (1995) and Tigers (1996-98), Sager posted a 12-15 record, with five career saves and a 5.36 ERA.
- He also served as a color analyst for the University of Toledo football network for eight seasons (2000-07).
Chris Newell - Bench Coach
- Enters his third season with the Mets and his first in Brooklyn.
- Served as the manager of the Complex League Mets in 2021.
- Previously served as manager of the Birmingham-Bloomfield Beavers in the United Shore Professional Baseball League from 2016-2019.
- Guided the Beavers to consecutive Championships in 2017 & 2018...Was named Manager of the Year in 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- Was a scout with Tampa Bay (1999-2005) and with the New York Yankees (2006-2016).
- Managed the Kalamazoo Kings of the Frontier League in 2003.
- Played parts of two years in the Independent Big South League, Heartland League and Frontier League.
- Served as Oakland University Associate Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator (2002-2005).
- Chris resides in Clarkston, MI...He has one daughter, Peyton.
Chris Jacobs - Development Coach
- Enters his first season with the New York Mets organization.
- In 2021, served as the player development coach of the Pulaski River Turtles of the Appalachian League.
- Served as the director of quality control for the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks of the American Association...Also served as head of player development for the K-Ville Bulldogs in 2019.
- Played 10 seasons in the minor leagues between the Dodgers, White Sox and Cardinals organizations from 2007 - 2016...Played internationally and in Independent Ball from 2016-19.
- Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 17th round of the 2007 Draft.
Austin Dayton - Athletic Trainer
Joe Parrillo - Assistant Athletic Trainer
Drew Skrocki - Performance Coach
Max Vogel-Freedman - Analytics
Gregory Nevins - Baseball Systems Associate