B/T: Right / Right
Born: May 10, 1986 in Bellevue, WA
Resides: Cumming, GA
Season with Gwinnett: 2nd (Since 2021)
Season with Braves Organization: 4th (Since 2019)
Managerial Season: 3rd (Since 2019)
- Overview: Enters his second season as manager of the Stripers in 2022 ... Named the seventh manager in Gwinnett history on 3/30/21, making him the first former Gwinnett player to manage the club (played OF/1B from 2016-17).
- In 2021: Guided the Stripers to a 71-58 record (.550) and a third-place finish in the Triple-A East Southeast Division ... On 5/4 at Charlotte, officially became the youngest manager in Gwinnett history (34 years, 11 months, 25 days), surpassing Dave Brundage (44 years, 6 months, 4 days on 4/9/09 at Charlotte) ... From 7/8-9/21, his Stripers owned the best record in Triple-A Baseball, going 45-19 (.703) in 64 games.
- In 2020: Was set to manage Class-A Rome for a second straight year, but the season was cancelled by the COVID-19 pandemic in March ... Assigned to the coaching staff for the Atlanta Braves Alternate Training Site at Coolray Field.
- In 2019: Made his coaching and managerial debut with Class-A Rome, earning Atlanta’s Bobby Cox Award for the top manager in the Braves minor league system ... Led the R-Braves to a 65-74 record (.468) and a fifth-place finish in the South Atlantic League Southern Division.
- Playing Career: Selected by Seattle in the third round (93rd overall) out of Woodinville High School (WA) in 2004, he went on to play 14 professional seasons in the Mariners (2004-11), New York Mets (2012), Detroit Tigers (2013), Toronto Blue Jays (2014), Chicago White Sox (2014-15), and Atlanta Braves (2016-17) organizations ... Spent one season with New Britain of the independent Atlantic League in 2018.
- With Gwinnett: As a member of the G-Braves from 2016-17, batted .221 with 27 doubles, one triple, 19 home runs, 84 runs, and 73 RBI in 178 games ... Was a member of Gwinnett’s IL South Division championship club in 2016 and played in three playoff games (.000, 0-for-11, 2 R) ... Made the lone pitching appearance of his career on 7/20/17 vs. Indianapolis (1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 SO) ... Earned the G-Braves’ Community Service Award for 2017.
- MLB Career: Played 155 games over five seasons with Seattle (2008-10), Detroit (2013), and Atlanta (2016), batting .206 with 12 home runs and 45 RBIs ... Debuted with the Mariners on 9/5/08 vs. the New York Yankees and notched his first MLB hit (double off Andy Pettitte) ... Hit his first MLB home run on 9/27/09 at Toronto (solo, off Brian Tallet) ... Had a career-high five RBI with Detroit on 4/26/13 vs. Atlanta (2-for-4, 3-run HR off Anthony Varvaro).
- MiLB Accolades: Midwest League Midseason and Postseason All-Star (2005) ... Southern League Midseason All-Star (2007) ... Arizona Fall League Player of the Week (11/5/07) ... Baseball America Triple-A All-Star (2008).