- Slime Lab - Students explore the properties of matter and create their own bag of slime to take home.
- Science Studio - Force and Motion Challenge - An engineering design challenge where students work together to create a track to slow down a marble on a ramp and learn about different forces acting on the marble as well as the different way objects can move.
- Chromatography Buttons - Students use the science of chemistry to separate colors from sharpies to create unique designs they can turn into a button.
- Dancing Oobleck - Students are able to investigate non-Newtonian fluid (materials that act as a liquid and a solid) properties by using a mixture of cornstarch and water and an amp.
- Theremin - Students can learn about sound and how to play a unique musical instrument that uses electronic waves and movement of hands to create various sounds.
- Fly Sticks - Students will learn about static electricity and use a device that generates electricity and allows pieces of Mylar of various shapes to hover in the air.
Grand Slam School Days are devoted to teachers and students of all ages for a special field trip together that they can look forward to year after year. We realize you have fewer outside classroom activities than ever before and you need these to be effective, educational, efficient, easy and safe to execute.
In 2019, crowds totaling over 16,000 attended these events and left with memories and magic, with heartfelt thanks to teachers and parents for allowing them the chance to attend.
The Lansing Lugnuts are committed to rewards and recognition for students and have created the framework of these days to do just that. Unlike a water park trip or even a bus ride to Detroit, we offer a chance for classroom learning that complements the day at the park and has designed very specific ways for a variety of students to shine.
Returning for 2022! The Lugnuts are teaming up with Impression 5 Science Center to bring fun, educational science activities to Jackson® Field™ during the Grand Slam School Days. They will be located throughout the stadium on the concourse.
The Lugnuts offer a wide variety of promotional tools and organizational tools to help customize your event for your grade, your parents or your entire school. We have ideas about earning the privilege to attend as well as reward devices for those you tell us to stand out in the region.
We offer the chance to reserve tickets, with no financial obligation until 45 days in advance of the event day you pick. If you are a renewing school you have priority privilege to pick your dates before any other schools
Don't know if a day game or a night game is better? We can help! Grand Slam School Night on Friday, May 6th, is a great way to include families and develop camaraderie between faculty, students and parents. It is also a great option for younger grade outings. Other night game dates are available later in the season. Learn more >
Grand Slam School Day #1
Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Grand Slam School Day #2
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Grand Slam School Day #3
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Grand Slam School Night
Friday, May 6, 2022
We have worked with statewide testing dates and busing needs to provide options for all schools. Preferred dates fill up quickly so don't delay. Let us know how we can help you make your decision.