AMARILLO, Texas (July 5, 2019) - Thanks to a quality start from Tyler Phillips and a pair of homers from LeDarious Clark , the Riders triumphed in Amarillo 5-3 Friday night.SYNOPSIS* Philips worked his fourth quality start of the season, permitting just three runs on four hits in six frames. He
AMARILLO, Texas (July 5, 2019) - Thanks to a quality start from Tyler Phillips and a pair of homers from LeDarious Clark , the Riders triumphed in Amarillo 5-3 Friday night.
* Philips worked his fourth quality start of the season, permitting just three runs on four hits in six frames. He didn't allow a run until the sixth inning, on his way to his second win of the season.
* Clark hit the first of his two homers in the fifth as part of back-to-back jacks with Tony Sanchez . Clark hit his other dinger off the top of the batter's eye in the seventh, following a solo shot from Ryan Dorow in the sixth.
* Reliever Demarcus Evans struck out the first five men he faced as part of two perfect innings of relief, and Emmanuel Clase worked a scoreless ninth to garner the save.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tony Sanchez: 1-for-4, RBI
* Brendon Davis: 1-for-1, 2 BB
* Charles Leblanc: 1-for-4
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's four home runs tied a season-best.
* Evans notched his strikeout rate to 47% with Friday's performance.
* Charles Leblanc extended his hitting streak to 10 games.
Riders at Amarillo, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
LHP Brock Burke (0-3, 4.58) vs. RHP Ronald Bolaños (2-2, 5.92)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].