TULSA, Okla. (July 18, 2019) - A marvelous start from Tyler Phillips carried the RoughRiders to a 4-2 win in Tulsa Thursday night, clinching a series win over the Drillers.SYNOPSIS* Phillips delivered his fifth quality start of the season, allowing just two runs on four hits in six+ innings of work.
TULSA, Okla. (July 18, 2019) - A marvelous start from Tyler Phillips carried the RoughRiders to a 4-2 win in Tulsa Thursday night, clinching a series win over the Drillers.
* Phillips delivered his fifth quality start of the season, allowing just two runs on four hits in six+ innings of work. He opened with five scoreless frames, permitting just two hits during that stretch, and earned the win.
* The Riders broke a scoreless tie with a three-run sixth. Isiah Kiner-Falefa started the scoring with an RBI single and Ryan Dorow brought in two key insurance runs with a two-out, two-run single later in the stanza.
* Demarcus Evans tossed a perfect ninth inning to earn his first save with the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 6+ IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (W)
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI, BB, R (rehab)
* Andretty Cordero: 3-for-4, 2B, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Phillips has registered a team-best five quality starts in his 11 outings with Frisco this year.
* Andretty Cordero finished the three-game set 7-for-13 and had multiple hits in all three games.
Riders at Arkansas, Friday, 7:10 pm
LHP Brock Burke (0-5, 4.40) vs. LHP Ricardo Sánchez (6-5, 3.58)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].