FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 20, 2019) - Tyler Phillips , along with rehabbers Edinson Vólquez and Luke Farrell , joined forces to toss a four-hit shutout in a 5-0 win over Springfield Tuesday night.SYNOPSIS* After Volquez opened with a perfect inning, Phillips dealt six scoreless. Farrell tossed the final two innings to
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 20, 2019) - Tyler Phillips , along with rehabbers Edinson Vólquez and Luke Farrell , joined forces to toss a four-hit shutout in a 5-0 win over Springfield Tuesday night.
* After Volquez opened with a perfect inning, Phillips dealt six scoreless. Farrell tossed the final two innings to seal the victory.
* The Riders broke the game open with a three-run fifth inning, capped by a two-run homer from Leody Taveras .
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (W)
* Edinson Volquez: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
* Luke Farrell: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
* Leody Taveras: 1-for-4, HR, 2 RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders secured their sixth shutout win of the season Tuesday.
* With his homer, Taveras extended his on-base streak to 10 games.
Riders vs. Springfield, Wednesday, 7:05 pm
RHP Richelson Peña (0-3, 5.04) vs. LHP Evan Kruczynski (2-8, 5.77)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].