SPRINGDALE, Ark. (June 21, 2019) - Tyler Phillips tossed six innings of two-run ball and four Riders hitters collected multi-hit games as the offense exploded for 15 hits in Friday's 6-3 win over Northwest Arkansas. SYNOPSIS* Phillips allowed just four hits and walked one over six innings, picking up his first
SPRINGDALE, Ark. (June 21, 2019) - Tyler Phillips tossed six innings of two-run ball and four Riders hitters collected multi-hit games as the offense exploded for 15 hits in Friday's 6-3 win over Northwest Arkansas.
* Phillips allowed just four hits and walked one over six innings, picking up his first Double-A win.
* The Riders got on the board early with a three-run second inning, capped by a two-run double from Christian Lopes .
* In his second game in Double-A, Leody Taveras went 4-for-5, scoring a run.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
* Leody Taveras: 4-for-5, 2B, R
* Andretty Cordero : 3-for-5, HR, RBI, 2 R
* Michael De Leon: 3-for-4, RBI, BB, R
* Alex Kowalczyk : 2-for-5, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Friday marked Phillips's second quality start for the Riders.
* Andretty Cordero's second inning home run gave him the team-lead with nine long balls this season.
Riders at NW Arkansas, Saturday, 6:05 p.m.
RHP Jason Bahr (0-0, 0.00) vs. TBA
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].