Sounds Stun Baby Cakes with Late Rally
The Nashville Sounds scored one run in the ninth and four in the tenth to stun the New Orleans Baby Cakes with a come-from-behind 7-3 win Tuesday night at Shrine on Airline.Trailing 3-2 in the top of the ninth, Anthony García launched a solo homer off Nick Wittgren to even
The Nashville Sounds scored one run in the ninth and four in the tenth to stun the New Orleans Baby Cakes with a come-from-behind 7-3 win Tuesday night at Shrine on Airline.
Trailing 3-2 in the top of the ninth,
Mooney's throwing error gave the Sounds a 4-3 lead and allowed Boyd second base.
Hendriks returned for the bottom of the 10th and struck out the side to nail down Nashville's 70th win of the season - guaranteeing the team at least a .500 record in 2018.
Nashville trailed 3-0 in the seventh until Garcia and
Game two of the three-game series is scheduled for Wednesday night in New Orleans. Right-hander
- With tonight's 7-3 win, the Sounds improved to 70-64 on the season.
- Tonight's back-to-back home runs hit by Anthony Garcia and Franklin Barreto was the fourth time this season a pair of Sounds hit back-to-back homers in a game.
- Shortstop Jorge Mateo hit his 15th triple of the season in the third inning. The 15 triples are tied for the most in a single season in Nashville Sounds history (Duane Walker - 1979).
- The multi-homer game for Garcia was his third of the season and eighth in his career.
- Garcia's 87 RBI are tied for fourth-most in the PCL and his 23 home runs are tied for sixth-most in the league.
- Dustin Fowler extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the 10th inning.
The 2018 season is the Sounds' 41st in franchise history and fourth as the Oakland Athletics' top affiliate. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.