ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Express (30-25) defeated the Sugar Land Space Cowboys (24-31) by a final score of 6-5 after battling back from a four-run deficit at Dell Diamond on Friday night in front of 12,010 fans. The crowd is the largest at Dell Diamond since August
ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Express (30-25) defeated the Sugar Land Space Cowboys (24-31) by a final score of 6-5 after battling back from a four-run deficit at Dell Diamond on Friday night in front of 12,010 fans. The crowd is the largest at Dell Diamond since August 23, 2019 against New Orleans when the number reached 12,129.
In his first Triple-A appearance, Express reliever LHP Triston Polley (1-0, 4.50) went home with the win after giving up one run in two innings that saw one hit, three walks and two strikeouts. Space Cowboys reliever RHP Tyler Brown (0-1, 9.00), who also made his Triple-A debut, was tagged with the loss after giving up three hits and two runs in two innings of work. RHP Yerry Rodriguez earned his first save this season after giving up just one hit in 1.1 innings to hold Sugar Land scoreless.
Along the Train Tracks
- Sugar Land recorded a home run in the first and second innings from LF Bligh Madris and 3B Joe Perez, respectively, which put the Space Cowboys up 2-0. In the second, SS Jackson Loftin followed with an RBI double to make it 3-0, and Madris hit a single extended the lead to four.
- In the bottom of the second inning, the Express fought back with a three spot of their own. LF Sandro Fabian launched an RBI single, and RF Elier Hernandez followed with a sacrifice fly to cut the lead in half at 4-2. A single from SS Jonathan Ornelas cut Round Rock’s deficit to one.
- A scoreless fourth from Express RHP Kyle Cody set up the E-Train in the home half as Hernandez tripled down the right-field line to tie the game at 4-4.
- Round Rock could not escape a bases-loaded jam in the fifth inning as LHP Triston Polley walked in the go-ahead run to put Sugar Land ahead, 5-4. The Express stranded two runners in the home half to stay down one.
- LF Sandro Fabian evened the game in the sixth with a solo home run, and Hernandez took the next pitch deep to put the Express back in front, 6-5.
- Express LHP Triston Polley made his Triple-A debut on Friday after being promoted from Double-A Frisco earlier in the week. The lefty worked out of a bases-loaded jam, giving up just one run, and saw two innings of action where he allowed one hit, walked three and struck out two en route to the win.
- Teammates LF Sandro Fabian and CF Elier Hernandez homered in the sixth inning for the Express, which is the first time in a week that teammates hit back-to-back home runs. Round Rock did it last on May 25, 2023 in Albuquerque. This is the second home run in three games for Fabian, and Hernandez extends his hitting streak to a season-high eight games.
- Texas Rangers rehabber RHP Spencer Howard came out of the bullpen and recorded three strikeouts, no hits and one walk in 1.2 scoreless innings of relief.
Next up: Game six of the series will continue at Dell Diamond on Saturday, with first pitch slated for 7:05 pm CT. Express LHP Cody Bradford (6-1, 0.99) is scheduled to take on Space Cowboys RHP Kyle McGowin (1-0, 3.50).
Single game tickets as well as full season and mini season membership plans are on sale now. For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!